Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Changing citizenship status with Social Security

Changing citizenship status with Social Security

July 16, 2010 by admin

To change your citizenship status :

  • Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5); and
  • Show us documents proving your:
    • New or revised citizenship status (Only certain documents can be accepted as proof of citizenship). These include your U.S. passport, a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship. If you are not a U.S. citizen, Social Security will ask to see your current immigration documents;
    • Age; and
    • Identity.
  • Take (or mail) your completed application and documents to your local Social Security office

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended