Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Obtaining detailed work history from Social Security

Obtaining detailed work history from Social Security

January 5, 2011 by admin

To obtain a detailed statement of your employment history, complete form SSA-7050-F4, Request For Social Security Earnings Information.

Under most circumstances SSA charges for detailed earnings information because they spend considerable clerical time preparing it. Unlike the earnings information used to compute Social Security benefits, which is electronically available, SSA must extract detailed earnings information must from microfilmed records. We do not charge for providing detailed earnings information used to correct a Social Security record or establish entitlement to Social Security benefits.

You should use form SSA-7050-F4 if you need:

1. Certified/non-certified detailed earnings information, which would include periods of employment or self-employment and the names and addresses of employers; or

2. Certified yearly totals of earnings, which would include total earnings for each year but not the names and addresses of employers.

Social Security does not charge a fee for providing a statement showing yearly totals of earnings, the amount of Social Security taxes paid, an estimate of future benefits or the number of credits you have under the Social Security program. Normally, this is all the information needed to determine benefits.

You should allow four months from the date you submit form SSA-7050 for a response.

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended