Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Report hospitalization to the SSA

Report hospitalization to the SSA

February 9, 2011 by admin

If you expect to be hospitalized for a lengthy period, please notify the SSA.

A Supplemental Security Income recipient must report any change of address by calling our toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213, or by visiting a local office within 10 days after the month the change occurs. You cannot complete a change of address online because the SSA must find out if there has also been a change in your living arrangement. An unreported living arrangement change could result in an incorrect payment. Failure to report or filing false reports could result in a fine, imprisonment, or both. Also, you need to report your new address to Social Security so that you can continue to receive mail from Social Security when necessary, even if you receive your benefits by direct deposit.


Ads - Also Recommended