Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Paying Medicare Part B premiums

Paying Medicare Part B premiums

March 28, 2011 by admin

Credit card payment is possible.

If you get a monthly benefit payment from the Social Security Administration (SSA), the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), or the Civil Service, you must have your Part B premiums deducted from your monthly benefit payment.

If you don't get any of these benefit payments, Medicare will bill you directly for your premiums. You can choose to pay by check or money order, credit card, or have it automatically deducted from your bank account.

Payments cannot be taken over the phone.

After you receive a bill for your Medicare premiums from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), you should mail your payment with the bottom portion of your CMS-500 form to the following address:

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Medicare Premium Collection Center
P.O. Box 790355
St. Louis, MO 63179-0355

To make sure your payment is processed on time, payments made by check, money order, or credit card must be received by the 25th of the month.

If you are having financial difficulty in paying your premiums there are Medicare Savings Programs to help pay all or part of your Medicare Part A and/or Part B premiums. To qualify for these programs, you must have Part A (hospital insurance) and limited income and resources. To get application and enrollment information or to check your application status, please call your State Medical Assistance (Medicaid) office.

If you have any questions about your Social Security payment, please call the Social Security Administration (1-800-772-1213).

If you have any questions about direct billing your Part A or Part B premium payments please call 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227).


Ads - Also Recommended