The SSA's book Disability Evaluation Under Social Security (also known as the “Blue Book”) lists the following requirements for bipolar syndrome :
3. Bipolar syndrome with a history of episodic periods manifested by the full symptomatic picture of both manic and depressive syndromes (and currently characterized by either or both syndromes);
B. Resulting in at least two of the following:
1. Marked restriction of activities of daily living; or
2. Marked difficulties in maintaining social functioning; or
3. Marked difficulties in maintaining concentration, persistence, or pace; or
4. Repeated episodes of decompensation, each of extended duration;
SocialSecurityHop.com is not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration.