Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Self-employment taxes

Self-employment taxes

January 23, 2009 by admin

From our sister site :
After calculating your credits, you'll have to calculate any other taxes you owe. If you're self-employed, you'll have to pay the self-employment tax.

This is your Social Security and Medicare taxes. Since you're self-employed, you'll have to pay both your portion and the employer's portion, for a total of 15.3 percent of your self-employment earnings. Attach Schedule SE to show this tax.

This is paid as part of your income taxes (Form 1040 and estimated quarterly payments).

See also Schedule SE :


Ads - Also Recommended