Not affiliated with the government
Checking Individual Earnings Records
102.1 How can you check your Social Security earnings record?
You can check your own Social Security earnings record by completing Form SSA-7004SM (Request for Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement). This form is available at any Social Security office, can be requested on the SSA web site (www.socialsecurity.gov), or by calling our toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213. We will mail a statement of your wages, any self-employment income credited to your earnings record, and other appropriate information (see § 1419) to you.
102.2 What should you do if your earnings record is inaccurate?
If you find that your earnings have not been credited correctly, contact any convenient Social Security office and ask us how to go about correcting your records. There are specific time limits for correcting an earnings record. (See §§ 1423-1427.)
Last Revised: Jun. 10, 2005
- Procedure for Correcting Earnings Record
- Earnings Information Available from Social Security Records
- Time Limit for Correcting Earnings Records
- Evidence Needed to Change Earnings Record
- Where are earnings records maintained?
- What happens if a child is entitled to benefits on more than one earnings record at the same time?
- How do I make sure my records are accurate?
Ads - Also Recommended