Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
How are claims processed by the Social Security office?
We make most decisions on the non-disability issues. We send completed retirement and survivors insurance claims to the appropriate program service center for spot review and, in some cases, for final processing. We keep SSI claims files in our field offices and later ship them to the Folder Staging Operations Center at the Wilkes-Barre Data Operations Center.
If a disability decision is involved, we forward the claim in accordance with the procedure in §116.
Last Revised: Jun. 30, 2004
- Program Service Center Functions
- What is done if you receive more money than you are entitled?
- Evidence Requirements
- SSI Claimants Residing Abroad
- Determinations of Disability
- The Function of the Social Security Office
- How is the Social Security Administration (SSA) structured?
- Application for Benefits or Medicare Protection
- What investigative responsibilities does SSA have in administering the Social Security program?
- Filing an Application
- Annual Exempt Amounts
- Time Limit for Reopening Final Determinations
Ads - Also Recommended