Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Checks to Husband and Wife
131.1 Are separate Social Security benefit checks mailed to husbands and wives?
Separate payments for Social Security benefits are made to a husband and wife by either direct deposit or check.
131.2 Are separate Supplemental Security Income benefit checks mailed to husbands and wives?
If you and your spouse receive SSI payments, you will receive separate direct deposit payments or checks, even if you live in the same household.
If your spouse dies, return any checks not cashed to the Social Security office. Any payments due your spouse will be paid to you if you were living together within six months before the death of your spouse, even if you are not eligible for SSI.
Last Revised: Jul. 30, 2004
- Social Security Payment Checks
- Are separate Social Security benefit checks mailed to each child in a family?
- Refunds of Overpayments
- NOTIFING TO STOP PAYMENTS DUE TO DEATH
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits
- Unpaid Amounts Owed to a Deceased Person
- Certificate of Election for Husband or Wife Between Ages 62 and FRA-Child "In Care"
- Special Payments and Government Pensions
- About your benefits
- How Excess Earnings are Charged Against Benefits
- Basic Reduction Formulas
Ads - Also Recommended