Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Retirement Insurance Benefits
300.1 When do monthly cash retirement benefits begin?
You are eligible for monthly cash retirement insurance benefits (also called old-age insurance benefits) when you are age 62 or older and meet the conditions described in §301.
300.2 What additional benefits are available?
Additional monthly benefits, called auxiliary benefits, may be payable to other persons based on your earnings record as follows:
These auxiliary benefits may also be payable on your earnings record if you are entitled to a disability insurance benefit. (See Chapter 5.)
Last Revised: March, 2001
- When do father's or mother's insurance benefits end?
- Entitlement to More Than One Social Security Benefit at the Same Time
- Entitlement to Retirement Insurance Benefit
- Who is entitled to child's insurance benefits?
- When do spouse's and divorced spouse's insurance benefits end?
- Amount of Child's Insurance Benefit
- When do parent's insurance benefits end?
- Amount of Parent's Insurance Benefit
- Entitlement to Disabled Worker's Benefits
- Benefits Payable To Survivors of Deceased Insured Worker
- When is a child entitled to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits based on disability?
- When is a widow(er) entitled to father's or mother's insurance benefits?
Ads - Also Recommended