Not affiliated with the government
Can a parent meet the in-care requirements when separated from a child because of illness?
If your physical illness or disability causes you to be separated from a child under age 16, you may have a child in care if you are:
Supervising the child's activities; and
Participating in the important decisions about the child's physical and mental needs.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Separation Due to Child's School Attendance
- Can a parent meet the in-care requirements while temporarily separated from a child?
- When does a parent NOT meet the in-care requirements?
- How do you prove that a child is in your care?
- Child in Care Requirement
- Can a parent meet the in-care requirements during a separation from a child because of employment?
- What does having a "child in care" mean?
Ads - Also Recommended