Not affiliated with the government
Can special monthly payments be made for the months before the application was filed?
No, you are not entitled to the special monthly payment earlier than the month you filed the application. However, if you filed an application in one of the three months before the month you meet the requirements in §346, you can be paid under this special condition. Aside from these exceptions, the regular rules on applications in Chapter 15 apply to applications for the special monthly payment at age 72.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Special Monthly Payment at 72
- Entitlement to Retirement Insurance Benefit
- Retroactive Effect of Application
- Entitlement to Disabled Worker's Benefits
- Aliens Outside the U.S. for Six Months or More
- Special Payments and Government Pensions
- What are the requirements for an application to be considered valid?
Ads - Also Recommended