Amount of Surviving Child's Insurance Benefit
412.1 How is the surviving child's benefit rate computed?
The surviving child's insurance benefit rate is three-fourths (.75) of the deceased parent's primary insurance amount.
412.2 When is the benefit rate less?
The child's insurance benefit may be less than above if the "family maximum" applies and all the benefits on that earnings record have to be reduced.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Amount of Child's Insurance Benefit
- Amount of Parent's Insurance Benefit
- Amount of Father's or Mother's Insurance Benefit
- Amount of Widow(er)'s Insurance Benefit
- Spouse's Insurance Benefit
- What happens if a child is entitled to benefits on more than one earnings record at the same time?
- Adjustment of Individual Benefit Rates Because of Family Maximum