Not affiliated with the government
When must the support requirement be met?
The support requirement must be met:
At the time that the insured person died; or
At the beginning of a period of disability that was established for the deceased if it continued up until the month that he or she died.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- When is a parent of a deceased person entitled to parent's benefits?
- When must you file evidence of support?
- When can a dependent grandchild or step-grandchild be considered the grandparent's "child"?
- When A Child Must Be Dependent Upon Insured Parent
- Exception To Nine-Month Duration-of-Marriage Requirement
- What constitutes evidence of support?
- When is a surviving child entitled to child's insurance benefits?
- When is a child dependent upon a grandparent or step-grandparent?
- Does a court order for support prove a child is yours?
- Widow(er) Defined
- When do you need to provide proof of age?
- Good Cause Defined
Ads - Also Recommended