Not affiliated with the government
When must you file evidence of support?
You must file evidence of support within the two-year period:
After the date of the death of the insured person, if that point is being used; or
After the month in which the insured person had filed an application to establish a period of disability if that point is being used.
You must file evidence of support within the appropriate period, even if you may not be eligible for benefits at that time (e.g., you have not reached retirement age). The time limit may be extended for good cause. (See §1519.)
Last Revised: March, 2001
- What is the time limit for filing evidence of one-half support?
- Good Cause Defined
- When is a parent of a deceased person entitled to parent's benefits?
- When Application Must Be Filed
- When may you establish a period of disability?
- What constitutes evidence of support?
- Can you file an application for the lump-sum death payment after the two-year filing period?
Ads - Also Recommended