Not affiliated with the government
When does your period of disability begin?
For title II, your period of disability begins:
On the date your disability began, if you meet the requirements for disability insured status (see §207) as of that day; or
On the first day of the first calendar quarter after your disability began and you attain disability insured status.
Last Revised: Mar. 1, 2004
- When do you have disability insured status?
- Currently Insured Status Defined
- Waiting Period
- Periods of Disability and Insured Status
- Special Insured Status-Disabled Before Age 31
- When may you establish a period of disability?
- What is a "period of disability?"
- When does your period of disability end?
- Insured Status Requirements
- Fully Insured Status Defined
- Entitlement to Disabled Worker's Benefits
- Who qualifies for disability determinations?
Ads - Also Recommended