Not affiliated with the government
How is "disability" defined for establishing a period of disability?
There are two definitions of disability for the purpose of establishing a period of disability:
The basic definition used for disabled worker's benefits (see §507.1); or
"Blindness", as defined in §507.5.
(See Chapter 6 for a further explanation of how disability is evaluated.)
Last Revised: March, 2001
- How is "disability" defined for determining entitlement for disabled widow(er)'s benefits?
- When are you NOT eligible for a trial work period?
- Entitlement to Disabled Worker's Benefits
- When can you receive widow(er)'s benefits based on disability?
- When is a child entitled to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits based on disability?
- Definition of Disability for Disabled Worker's Benefits
- Who qualifies for disability determinations?
Ads - Also Recommended