Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
When and how can an appeal be filed?
If you wish to appeal, you must make your request in writing within 60 days from the date you receive our letter informing you that your claim was disallowed or was only partially favorable. SSA assumes you receive the letter five days after the date on it, unless you can show us you received it later. Call the Social Security office (1-800-772-1213) if you need help with your appeal.
For more information on the administrative review process, see Chapter 20.
Last Revised: Jan. 30, 2006
- Appeal a Decision
- Initial determinations
- Administrative Review Process
- Filing the Reconsideration Request on Time
- Duty to Report Certain Events
- Overview of the Appeals Process
- How to Read and Understand the Initial Determination
- How many appeal levels are there?
- Time Limits for Requesting Review
- Overview of the Appeal Process for Medicare Part B Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amount
Ads - Also Recommended