Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
What to Do if You Are Found "Disabled"
If you receive a fully favorable decision or a partially favorable decision that you decide not to appeal, go to Chapter 6, Chapter 7, or Chapter 8 of this Handbook for instructions explaining what to do after you have been approved. These chapters explain other aspects of the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income programs.
Last Revised: Jul. 29, 2005
- How to Read, Understand, and Follow Up on the Reconsideration Determination
- Earnings as Basis for Benefits
- Who qualifies for disability determinations?
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits
- What is a "period of disability?"
- Duty to Report Certain Events
- Amount of Disabled Worker's Benefit
- How is "disability" defined for establishing a period of disability?
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- How is "disability" defined for determining entitlement for disabled widow(er)'s benefits?
- Amount of Retirement Insurance Benefit
- Definition of disability for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) children's benefits?
Ads - Also Recommended