Not affiliated with the government
Submitting a "Request for Reconsideration"
You or your representative should request a date-stamped copy from the local SSA field office. You should keep this copy with all of your other case-related records. This gives you proof of the date that you filed your appeal. You may mail your appeal forms to the SSA office certified with a return receipt request to ensure that the date stamped copy of the certification reply will be sent to you or your representative.
Last Revised: Jul. 26, 2005
- Filing the Reconsideration Request on Time
- Copying the Contents of the File
- Filing a "Request for Reconsideration"
- What to do if You Are Found "Not Disabled"
- How to Submit a Late "Request for Reconsideration"
- Right to Withdraw Application
- Appeals Council Review
- When and how can an appeal be filed?
- When Your Application is Considered Filed
- Appeal a Decision
Ads - Also Recommended