Not affiliated with the government
When does your work performance show the ability to perform substantial gainful activity?
Satisfactory work performance during a period of disability may indicate that you can do substantial gainful activity.
We consider all the medical and vocational evidence in your file to determine whether you have the ability to work. In the case of a child under age 18 filing for SSI childhood disability benefits, we consider if you have marked and severe functional limitations.
Last Revised: Jan. 22, 2008
- Definition of Substantial Gainful Activity
- Definition of "Make Work"
- When does disability end?
- Importance of Substantial Gainful Activity
- Significance of Earnings
- Evaluation Considering Age, Education, and Work Experience
- How are your earnings as a self-employed person considered in determining substantial gainful activity?
Ads - Also Recommended