Not affiliated with the government
How does SSA compute the number of reduction months?
To compute the number of reduction months, we count all months, beginning with the first month of your entitlement to reduced benefits, up to the month in which you reach full retirement age.
For widow(er)'s insurance benefits that begin before age 60, the reduction formula in §724.3 requires using only months between age 60 and full retirement age.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Basic Reduction Formulas
- Amount of Widow(er)'s Insurance Benefit
- Reduction of Benefit Rate
- Adjustment of Reduction Factor at FRA
- Spouse's Insurance Benefit
- Amount of Retirement Insurance Benefit
- Individuals Near Retirement Age
- Retroactive Effect of Application
- Claimant May Restrict Retroactivity
- Amount of Disabled Worker's Benefit
- When do disabled widow(er)'s benefits begin?
- Computation Years Defined
Ads - Also Recommended