We are not affiliated with the government
An Independent View of Social Security
What types of work include cultivating, raising, and harvesting?
Cultivating, raising, and harvesting may include the following:
The actual cultivation of the soil;
The raising or harvesting of a commodity; or
An activity, such as irrigating crops, cutting of top soil, spraying or dusting, that is done in connection with such operations.
Last Revised: Jun. 30, 2004
- What types of farm work are considered agricultural labor?
- Advice and Consultation
- What types of work are not considered "raising"?
- Periodic Inspection of Production Activities
- Processing or Packaging of Agricultural Commodities
- "Undertakes to Produce a Crop" Defined for Sharefarming Arrangements
- What types of work are considered "harvesting"?