Are services performed by foreign agricultural workers in the U.S. covered by Social Security?
Your services are not covered by Social Security if you are a foreign worker lawfully admitted to the U.S. on a temporary basis to perform agricultural work.
Last Revised: Jun. 30, 2004
- Does the State have the option of including or excluding certain types of services under a Section 218 Agreement?
- Employment for a Foreign Government, International Organization, or Instrumentality of a Foreign Government
- What types of farm work are considered agricultural labor?
- Is work performed by U.S. citizens working in the U.S. as employees of foreign governments covered by Social Security?
- Processing or Packaging of Agricultural Commodities
- Are services performed by employees for the District of Columbia covered by Social Security?
- Work In Connection With Waterways, Ditches, Etc.