How is material participation in farm production determined?
Four tests are used in determining whether your are materially participating in the production of farm commodities.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- How is material participation established in a farm rental arrangement?
- What combination of activities is required to demonstrate material participation in farm rental agreements?
- Test III: 100 Hours of Work Over 5-Week Period
- Periodic Inspection of Production Activities
- Does farm rental income count as net earnings?
- What rental income must be included in calculating earnings?
- Are federal agricultural program payments included in gross farm income?