Not affiliated with the government
Do advance payments count as wages?
Advance payments by your employer for work done in the future count as wages if:
You do the work (or part of it); and
Your employer considers the work as satisfaction for the advance payments.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Do payments made to a disabled former employee count as wages?
- Pension and Retirement Payments
- Do payments to a profit-sharing or stock bonus plan count as wages?
- Do traveling and business expense payments count as wages?
- Do payments under or to a tax-sheltered annuity plan count as wages?
- Do supplemental retirement plan payments count as wages?
- Do payments from a plan or system for sickness, retirement, etc. count as wages?
Ads - Also Recommended