Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Excerpted from "Social Security Handbook". See the up-to-date, official Social Security Handbook at

What tax return forms do employers use?

1409. What tax return forms do employers use?

Tax return forms used by employers include:

  1. Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement);

  2. Form W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statement);

  3. Form 941 (Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return);

  4. Form 1040, Schedule H (Household Employment Taxes);

  5. Form 943 (Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees);

  6. Form 944 (Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return);

  7. Form W-3 (Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statement);

  8. Form W-3C (Transmittal of Corrected Wage and Tax Statement).

An employer who has household employees in addition to employees reported on Form 941 may report both classes of employees on Form 941.

Also employers use Form 941 to report income tax withheld. You can obtain all necessary forms from any IRS office.

Last Revised: Aug. 4, 2006

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links


Ads - Also Recommended