Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
How can Social Security help you complete your application?
If you find that you need help completing your application, any Social Security office will provide assistance free of charge. If you cannot go to the Social Security office personally because of poor health, or if there is no Social Security office nearby, call the toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213, or write the nearest Social Security office to:
Get full information and application forms;
Make an appointment for a telephone interview; or
Request that someone from the Social Security office go to your home. (See §110.)
If you need an interpreter to communicate with us, we will provide one upon request, free of charge. SSA has a nationwide contract for telephone interpreter services in more than 150 languages and dialects.
Last Revised: Aug. 2, 2007
- Application for Benefits or Medicare Protection
- Filing an Application
- When Your Application is Considered Filed
- The Function of the Social Security Office
- When is a surviving child entitled to child's insurance benefits?
- Result of Delay in Filing for Benefits
- Right to Withdraw Application
- Earnings Information Available from Social Security Records
- When is a parent of a deceased person entitled to parent's benefits?
- Who Signs Applications
- Purposes of Social Security
- Beneficiary Under Age 18
Ads - Also Recommended