Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Excerpted from "Social Security Handbook". See the up-to-date, official Social Security Handbook at

How do you make a request to withdraw a claim?

1516. How do you make a request to withdraw a claim?

We accept any written request for withdrawal of a claim. However, we have a special form for this purpose. You (the claimant) or someone acting on your behalf must sign the withdrawal request. Be sure to include a statement showing that you realize the effects of this action.

Last Revised: March, 2001

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links


American SSI and Hungarian Residence

May 5, 2011 by Guest

Dear Sirs,

I am a Romanian-USA-Hungarian citizen who lived in the USA from 1992 thru 2010 and worked there 10 years until fell ill and finally lost his legs. While living in the USA, I received pension benefit on the basis of my 10 years' work relationship from the Social Security Department of New Brunswick, NJ. I changed my residence in December 2010, and since I have lived in Hungary I have not been able to manage to get my pension here.

Will you please let me know how my pension could be transferred to my new address in Hungary (or to my Hungarian Bank).

Thank you in advance for your answer.

With best regards,

George B
E-mail: m__


Ads - Also Recommended