Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Can you file an application for the lump-sum death payment after the two-year filing period?
We may accept an application filed after the two-year filing period following the worker's death, provided there is good cause (defined in §1519) for your failure to file the application within that period.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Good Cause Defined
- When Application Must Be Filed
- Time Limit for Applying for Lump-Sum Death Payment
- Applying for Social Security Benefits
- When must you file evidence of support?
- What is the time limit for filing evidence of one-half support?
- When is a lump-sum paid to the surviving widow(er)?
- When may you establish a period of disability?
- Social Security Handbook Index: Letter G
- Retroactive Effect of Application
- When to File Applications
- Written Statement Considered As Application
Ads - Also Recommended