Not affiliated with the government
When is a new representative payee selected?
A new representative payee is selected if the current representative payee:
Has been determined to have misused the beneficiary's benefits as found by SSA or a court of competent jurisdiction;
Is unable to manage the benefit payments;
No longer wishes to serve as payee;
Fails to use and account for the payments properly;
Is no longer responsible for the care or welfare of the beneficiary; or
Is otherwise no longer suitable to serve as payee.
Last Revised: Aug. 2, 2007
- What are the responsibilities of a representative payee?
- Beneficiary Under Age 18
- Appointment of a Representative Payee
- Use of Benefit Payments
- Evidence Required for Payee Selection
- What is the usual order of preference in selecting a payee for a beneficiary under age 18?
- Selecting a Payee for Beneficiaries Age 18 or Over
- Accounting for Use of Funds
- A Beneficiary's Savings
- Beneficiary Over Age 18
- Liability for Repayments
- Interest of the Beneficiary
Ads - Also Recommended