Not affiliated with the government
State Mental Institutions that Serve as Representative Payees
1624.1 Must State mental institutions complete annual report forms?
State mental institutions that participate in the onsite review program and serve as representative payee for a number of beneficiaries are exempt from completing an annual report form.
1624.2 How are those State mental institutions monitored?
Those participating State mental institutions are monitored through a process called onsite review.
1624.3 How often are State mental institutions monitored?
Each participating institution is reviewed by SSA at least once every three years. However, if the institution's performance is unsatisfactory, more frequent reviews may be required.
Last Revised: Feb. 1, 2008
- Accounting for Use of Funds
- Selecting a Payee for Beneficiaries Age 18 or Over
- State Supplementary Payments
- Confinement in a Correctional Institution
- Use of Benefit Payments
- A Beneficiary's Savings
- Legal Representatives
- Role of the State Social Security Administrator
- The Annual Report Form
- State Supplementation of Basic SSI Benefits
- How do you request an extension of time for filing your annual report?
- Acting as an "Agent"
Ads - Also Recommended