Not affiliated with the government
When do you need to provide proof of age?
You must submit proof of age when age is a factor in determining benefit rights. For example:
Age of child for child's insurance benefits (see Chapter 3 for age requirement);
Age 62 and over for retirement or dependent's insurance benefits;
Age of deceased worker when it affects the benefit computation or insured status; or
Age of disabled worker for disability insurance benefits.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- When A Child Must Be Dependent Upon Insured Parent
- Who is entitled to child's insurance benefits?
- When is a surviving child entitled to child's insurance benefits?
- Retirement Insurance Benefits
- When do father's or mother's insurance benefits end?
- When is a widow(er) entitled to father's or mother's insurance benefits?
- Entitlement to Disabled Worker's Benefits
Ads - Also Recommended