Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Other Evidence of Date of Birth
1706.1 Can you submit other evidence to prove your date of birth?
If a public or religious record of your birth established before your fifth birthday is not available, we accept other documentation.
1706.2 What other evidence can you submit to prove your of date of birth?
Some records you may submit are listed below. These records must show your date of birth or age. This list is not complete or listed in order of importance:
Bible or other family record;
Religious record of confirmation or baptism in youth or early adult life;
Labor union record;
Fraternal organization record;
Delayed birth certificate;
Birth certificate of child showing age of parent;
Physician's or midwife's record of birth;
Immigration record; and
1706.3 What evidence do you need to submit if you are foreign-born?
If you were born in a foreign country, submit a record of your entry into the U.S. Also, submit your naturalization record, if applicable.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- How do you prove your age?
- Evidence of Ceremonial Marriage
- What factors do we consider when we evaluate evidence you submit?
- Can wages be credited to your record even if you cannot obtain any evidence of wages?
- Evidence of Death
- How Natural Parent-Child Relationship is Proved
- How do you prove a legal adoption?
- Beneficiary Under Age 18
- Union Records
- Felonious and Intentional Homicide
- Evidence of Wages
- Personal Records of Worker
Ads - Also Recommended