Not affiliated with the government
Does a court order for support prove a child is yours?
A court order for support must:
Identify the child;
Direct you to contribute to the child's support;
Either name you as the child's parent or have been issued under a child support statute; and
Have been issued before your death.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Does a court decree of paternity prove a child is yours?
- What evidence is required for a child born out of wedlock to be considered yours?
- What other evidence proves paternity?
- How do you prove that a child is in your care?
- How do you prove a legal adoption?
- What is the definition of "child" for Social Security purposes?
- Who is a "child" for Social Security purposes?
Ads - Also Recommended