Not affiliated with the government
Where does the SSI program operate?
The SSI program operates in the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and the Northern Mariana Islands. The program also covers blind or disabled children of military parents stationed abroad and certain students studying outside the U.S. for a period of less than one year.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Purpose and Basic Principles
- What is the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program?
- What is considered work "outside of the U.S."?
- SSI Claimants Residing Abroad
- Continued Benefits for Participants in a Program of Vocational Rehabilitation, Employment, Training, or Other Support Service
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits
- Were you eligible for assistance under a Federal/State matching grant program for the aged, blind, or disabled in December 1973?
Ads - Also Recommended