Not affiliated with the government
How are SSI benefits financed?
SSI benefits are financed from the general funds of the United States Treasury. They are not paid out of the Social Security or Medicare trust funds. States that supplement the Federal benefits make these payments from State funds.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- What are Special Veterans Benefits?
- Sources of Funds for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income Benefits
- Windfall Offset
- Trust Funds Available For Benefits
- State Supplementation of Basic SSI Benefits
- Does the receipt of periodic workers' compensation payments affect your benefits?
- Absence from the United States
Ads - Also Recommended