Not affiliated with the government
State Supplementation of Basic SSI Benefits
2106.1 Can states supplement basic SSI benefits?
States may supplement the basic SSI benefits as explained in §2181. In addition, any State may make an agreement with us to administer its supplementation program. We would pay the State supplementary amounts along with the basic SSI benefits. Each month, we charge the State an administration fee for every State supplementary payment issued during that month.
2106.2 What is the administration fee if a State asks SSA to administer its SSI supplementation program?
For fiscal year 2006, the fee is $9.29 per payment. The rate will increase by the rate of increase in the Consumer Price Index each year.
Last Revised: Jan. 20, 2006
- State Supplementary Payments
- Are State supplementary payments made as they are for SSI?
- Computation of Payments
- Defeat the Purpose as a Factor in Waiver
- Interim Assistance Reimbursement
- Eligibility Under More Than One Category
- Purpose and Basic Principles
- Rate of Withholding
- Proration of SSI Payments
- Direct Field Office Payments
- Role of the State Social Security Administrator
- How are SSI benefits financed?
Ads - Also Recommended