Not affiliated with the government
Were you eligible for assistance under a Federal/State matching grant program for the aged, blind, or disabled in December 1973?
2109. Were you eligible for assistance under a Federal/State matching grant program for the aged, blind, or disabled in December 1973?
The SSI program went into effect in January 1974. If you were eligible for assistance under one of the prior Federal/State matching grant programs for the aged, blind, or disabled in December 1973, you were "converted" to SSI. Congress wanted to be sure that you were not disadvantaged by your conversion to SSI. Therefore, it enacted certain special provisions applicable only to you as a converted recipient. These special provisions are called "grandfather" provisions and are discussed in §2172.
Last Revised: March, 2001
- Special Provisions for Converted Recipients
- What are the general eligibility requirements for SSI?
- What is the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program?
- What are the categories of eligibility?
- SSI Definitions
- Purpose and Basic Principles
- Computation of Payments
- Eligibility Under More Than One Category
- State Supplementary Payments
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits
- What is the purpose of work incentives for the blind and disabled?
- The Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program
Ads - Also Recommended