Not affiliated with the government
2153.1 What resources are countable?
Not all of your resources count in determining your eligibility for SSI (See §2156.) Countable resources are those left after we:
Eliminate from consideration any asset that is not a resource; and
Apply all appropriate exclusions to the assets that are resources.
Countable resources are determined on a monthly basis. We compare them with the applicable statutory resources limit to determine whether you are eligible for that month.
2153.2 What are the applicable resource limits?
As of January 2008, the applicable limits are:
$2,000 for an individual without a spouse; and
$3,000 for an individual with an eligible spouse or a living-with ineligible spouse.
See §2166 for a table of resource limits.
Last Revised: Feb. 1, 2008
- Deeming from an Ineligible Spouse to an Eligible Individual
- Eligible Couples
- Ownership of Resources
- Role of Resources
- Eligibility Criteria Based on Need
- Conditional Payments Despite Excess Resources
- Liquid and Non-liquid Resources
- Special Provisions for Converted Recipients
- What are the statutory resources limits?
- Deeming from a Parent to a Child Under Age 18
- How are resources counted?
- Life Insurance
Ads - Also Recommended