Not affiliated with the government
Exclusion of an Automobile or Other Vehicle
Are automobiles or other vehicles excluded from resources?
One automobile or other vehicle belonging to you (or spouse, if any) is excluded from resources if you or a member of your household uses it for transportation. The value of the automobile or vehicle does not matter.
Last Revised: Mar. 21, 2005
- How Resources are Valued
- What are the resource exclusions?
- Burial Funds
- Resources Affected by a Disaster
- Deeming from an Ineligible Spouse to an Eligible Individual
- When are resources valued?
- Liquid and Non-liquid Resources
- Is property needed for self-support excluded from resources?
- Deeming from a Parent to a Child Under Age 18
- Deeming from an Essential Person to an Eligible Qualified Individual
- Social Security Handbook Index: Letter V
- Real Property that Cannot be Sold
Ads - Also Recommended