Not affiliated with the government
Is your SSI eligibility affected if you dispose of a resource below its market value?
If you give away or sell a resource at less than fair market value on or after December 14, 1999, you may be ineligible for SSI for up to 36 months. We also must report such a transfer to the State Medicaid agency. A transfer of assets may result in a period of ineligibility for some Medicaid covered nursing home services.
Last Revised: Apr. 7, 2003
- What is NOT considered a resource?
- What is considered a resource for SSI purposes?
- Windfall Offset
- How are resources counted?
- Countable Resources
- Resources Affected by a Disaster
- You may be able to get other help
- Processing or Packaging of Agricultural Commodities
- Ownership of Resources
- Moving Elderly Mother from Arizona to New Mexico, SSI eligibility
- Verification Process (General)
Ads - Also Recommended