Not affiliated with the government
How does the appeals process work?
An eligible individual or eligible spouse who is a recipient or applicant for SSI payments has a right to appeal our decision as to eligibility or amount of payment. Time limits apply to each step in the appeals process. Extensions are possible if good cause for the delay can be established. (See §2196.) For the purpose of determining the expiration of a time limit, a notice or decision is presumed to have been received within five days of its date, unless there is evidence to the contrary. See §2014.
Last Revised: Jul. 26, 2005
- Time Limits for Requesting Review
- What is the time limit for filing for civil action in a Federal District Court?
- Appeal Process
- Can the time limit for filing an appeal or hearing be extended?
- Review by the Appeals Council
- Extension of Time for Filing
- Administrative Review Process
- Appeals Council Review
- Appeals Council Procedures
- Initial determinations
- What is the time limit for filing evidence of one-half support?
Ads - Also Recommended