Not affiliated with the government
How to Find Black Lung Benefit Information
Please go to http://www.dol.gov/esa/owcp/dcmwc/index.htm to find black lung benefit information.
On November 2, 2002, the President signed H.R. 5572 - the Black Lung Consolidation of Administrative Responsibilities Act - (Public Law 107-275). The Act is effective 90 days after the date of enactment and provides that the Commissioner of Social Security shall transfer to the Secretary of Labor all property and records that the Director of OMB determines relate to the Part B program. This transfer became effective 02/01/03.
Enactment of the legislation represents the culmination of activities that began in 1997 when SSA and DOL signed a Memorandum of Understanding under which the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP) in DOL provided selected programmatic, administrative management and general support functions in assisting the SSA in the administration of the Black Lung Part B program.
Last Revised: Aug. 13, 2008
- How to Find Other Benefit Program Information.
- Written Notice of Overpayments
- How is the Social Security Administration (SSA) structured?
- Amount of Disabled Worker's Benefit
- What are the maximum earnings that can be counted for any calendar year for computing AME or AIME?
- Social Security Handbook Index: Letter J
- Prescription Drug Benefits Provided
Ads - Also Recommended