Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Verification Process (General)
Determinations of eligibility for the extra help are based on a comparison of the income and resource information provided on the application with income and resource data that SSA obtains from its own records and through matching agreements with other agencies.
Verification may be needed for income, liquid resources, or real property or a combination of the three issues, depending on the comparison of the application data with the agency data.
The purpose of verification is to reconcile discrepancies between the application data and the agency data and determine the correct amount of income and resources for the individual.
Last Revised: May 22, 2007
- Description of the Medicare Part B Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amount Determination Process
- How are resources counted?
- How does income affect SSI benefits?
- Eligibility for Extra Help with Prescription Drug Costs
- What are resources?
- Role of Resources
- Eligibility Criteria Based on Need
- Whose resources are counted?
- Get Income (Benefit) Verification Letter
- Deeming from an Ineligible Spouse to an Eligible Individual
- Disability Appeal Data - Administrative Law Judge Disposition Data
- Ownership of Resources
Ads - Also Recommended