Not affiliated with the government
What if you return to the United States for a visit and decide to live here?
If you return to the United States to visit and later decide to live here and not to return to your home abroad, you will no longer be considered to be residing outside the United States. You will not be entitled to SVB payments for the earlier of the following:
The month after the month in which you decided to live in the United States; or
The month after the first full calendar month you were in the United States.
Last Revised: Apr. 18, 2006
- What happens if you return to the United States to visit?
- When can you be entitled to SVB payments for more than 1 month while you are in the United States?
- What if you return to the United States to live?
- When are you residing outside the United States?
- Absence from the United States
- When are you disqualified for SVB?
- What happens when you file an application for SVB?
Ads - Also Recommended