Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Excerpted from "Social Security Handbook". See the up-to-date, official Social Security Handbook at

28. Index

Sponsored Links



The Day Of Birth is Incorrection

December 9, 2008 by Guest

my day of birth is incorrection;so What can I do to fix it up?

Incorrect birth date

December 10, 2008 by David Luhman

Please fill out form SS-5 for this. See this page :

claim status

December 10, 2008 by Guest

are you able to check online your claim status

You can check your claim status online

December 12, 2008 by David Luhman

Yes, you can check your claim status online here :


December 29, 2008 by Guest

i have had many reviews, just received notice that they are going to review twice again i haver titanium rods in my spine and have to have more surgery, i have six rods, three cages and three plates, and 8 screws, two which are broken in my spine, and have to have more spine surgery, l3,l4,l5,s1, i am 100% disabled, four times now you peoples have investigated me and now i get letters saying you are going to investigate me again, i got two letters, thats two investigations at the same time. please correct this. its aready been established, alright, 3__-2__-____ please let me know.
c___ a h___

let me konw what you intend

December 29, 2008 by Guest

let me know what you intend to do so i can decide whether or not i am going to need binder and binder
cl__ a h___

Please contact your local Social Security office

January 6, 2009 by David Luhman

This site is not directly affiliated with the government agency, so you may want to contact your local office directly.

Stopping Direct Deposit

February 5, 2009 by Guest

My benefit checks are direct deposited into my bank,
I will be changing banks but not sure which one. Can I get my benefit checks sent to my home address till than?

Changing Direct Deposit Account Number

February 6, 2009 by David Luhman

You can change your Direct Deposit here :

Social Security Statement

February 9, 2009 by Guest

How can I request a paper Social Security Statement?

How to request Social Security statement

February 10, 2009 by David Luhman

Here is where you can request a statement :

This service allows you to transmit your request for a Social Security Statement using an online form. However, we do not send your Statement information back on the Internet. Instead, you will receive a response to your request by U.S. mail in 2-4 weeks.

Income Tax Return

February 10, 2009 by Guest

This is my first year on SSI and SSD. Am I supposed to receive something from social security showing the amount of money I was paid during the last year? I'm not quite sure what to do with this. Can you help me? jafearnot AT

Taxation of Social Security benefits

February 12, 2009 by David Luhman

An SSA-1099 is mailed to you in January showing the total amount of benefits you received in the previous year. If you are a nonresident alien who received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, you will receive an SSA-1042S instead.

You can receive a replacement SSA-1099 here :

Taxation depends on the types of benefits you receive. Here is information on taxation :

People who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) do not receive Benefit Statements (SSA-1099), since SSI is based on need and is not considered taxable income.

SS# Fraud

February 17, 2009 by Guest

I have been having fraudulent activity with my bank account... a while back a fraudulent site presented itself as my bank site and fooled a bunch of people to "confirm account info online." Thiniing it was my bank, I enterd in all my info including my SS#. I have done everything to make sure that won't happen again by filling claims and closing the account. However, I am now paranoid about my SS#...How can I double check and make sure no one else is using my number?

New Social Security number

February 18, 2009 by David Luhman

It is possible to get a new Social Security number in certain cases. See here :

social security benefits and dependency on another return

February 27, 2009 by Guest

I collect social security benefits and do not have to file - can my daughter claim me as a dependent on her tax returns?

thank you.

Social Security benefits and tax dependents

February 27, 2009 by David Luhman

Excerpts from this link :

Qualifying Relative

There are four tests that must be met for a person to be your qualifying relative. The four tests are:
1. Not a qualifying child test,
2. Member of household or relationship test,
3. Gross income test, and
4. Support test.
Age. Unlike a qualifying child, a qualifying relative can be any age. There is no age test for a qualifying relative.

Gross Income Test

To meet this test, a person's gross income for the year must be less than $3,500.
Gross income defined. Gross income is all income in the form of money, property, and services that is not exempt from tax.


Tax-exempt income, such as certain social security benefits, is not included in gross income.

I haven't received my 2008 1099 form.

March 2, 2009 by Guest

Please send me my 1099 form for 2008.


March 2, 2009 by David Luhman

Mailings of the Social Security Benefit Statements (SSA-1099) for Tax Year 2008 were completed by January 31, 2009.

You can request a replacement SSA-1099 here :

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended