Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Medicare Booklet

Adapted from SSA Publication No. 05-10043, May 2008, ICN 460000

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links



October 12, 2008 by Guest

I like to know how do i get a male nurse to help my mother in her house,my dad need to be take care and my mother is old and can do.
Please give me a web siteor some info.
Thank you renato


October 15, 2008 by Guest

call a home care agency at 267-988-8978, or any other agency in a phone directory

What to do

October 16, 2008 by Guest

My parents have medicare coverage for NYC but they are not covered here if Florida when they visit me...How can I obtain coverage for them????

Medicaid question

October 21, 2008 by Guest

My mother owns her own home, due to the size of the home we would like to move her to an apartment and eventually fix up and sell the home. If we(the siblings) pay for her appartment, is that counted as income and how/if will that affect her medicaid.

Home Health Care

November 10, 2008 by Guest

My brother has MS, has for 24 years now. The Dr's say he cannot be left alone and needs Home Health Care. He has medicare B. I have spoken with many people involved with Medicare, but just keep getting the run around. Could you please tell me the correct contact person/ office and number? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Sale of family cemetery plots

November 11, 2008 by Guest

My family needs to sell a portion of the cemetery plots my parents bought about 40 years ago. My brothers and sisters need to pay for my mother's funeral plans with the proceeds of this sale. How will this sale affect my mother's medicare coverage? She does not have any income other that her monthly social security check.
We have tried to contact Medicare but have not been able to speak with anyone there; Medicare phones are automated.

Any informtion is welcomed.



November 11, 2008 by Guest

I need to talk to some one locally with regards to medicare.
Do you know of a local office in Baton Rouge or Gonzales?
If not could the Social Security Office help me with this?
Thanks God Bless

Contact your local Social Security office

November 11, 2008 by David Luhman

Your local Social Security office can help with many aspects of Medicare. Please use our Social Security office locator to find a local office.

Medicaid eligiblilty

November 13, 2008 by Guest

My parents are both physically disabled and cannot take care of themselves. They do not make enough in SS to pay for a nursing facility. They transferred the deed to their house to their children on 03-25-2004. Since it is less than 5 years are they still eligible for benefits? They have no other assets.


November 13, 2008 by Guest

I am a us citizen living in Canada. I want to visit my family in the states but the cost of dialysis is very expensive and my province will not cover costs here in the states. Can I be covered by medicare? So that I do not have to pay?


November 25, 2008 by Guest

Good day i have something toask about my membership here in online why i didnt recieved any reply from sss about the password to log in here how many times iwait but sad to say nothing i recieved a reply from your good office hoping to hear it soon thanks and more power

Dental coverage

December 29, 2008 by Guest

I have MS for 23 years, am on Medicare- medicaid.
I need root canal work on my teeth and have no way to afford this treatment. Am i able to get assignment and if so how do I do that? I am in Phoenix az.
Thanks for any direction.

Dental Care

January 20, 2009 by Guest

My partner is on Medicare and medicaid and recieves a pitence of a disability check monthly that all goes to mortgage.....I cover all other expenses. He is in need of dental work BEFORE any pain sets in ...there are cavities. Is there any help available in Northwest Arkansas with low income individuals who can pay some of the costs of the work required WITHOUT the cosmetic work that all the dentists we have seen try to impose. The cost of the last exam only was $253.00 and it seems that would have gone a long way towards filling some teeth.......HELP !!!.email...[]...........THANKYOU

Contract work - payments to SSA/Medicare?

January 23, 2009 by Guest

I earned some money through self-employment. How much money do I need to pay for these earnings, and to whom do I make payment? (I understood I had to pay something to SSA and to Medicare, and will be responsible for federal taxes, but I do not know where to send the money or how much to send!)

Please, can someone assist me?


Self-employment taxes

January 23, 2009 by David Luhman

From our sister site :
After calculating your credits, you'll have to calculate any other taxes you owe. If you're self-employed, you'll have to pay the self-employment tax.

This is your Social Security and Medicare taxes. Since you're self-employed, you'll have to pay both your portion and the employer's portion, for a total of 15.3 percent of your self-employment earnings. Attach Schedule SE to show this tax.

This is paid as part of your income taxes (Form 1040 and estimated quarterly payments).

See also Schedule SE :

sarah g

January 31, 2009 by Guest

to whom it may concern,
my name is sarah g and my boyfriend and i are on ssi and we were wondering if we are able to get medicare he is 42 and he is a diabetic type 2 and has a medicaid card . i am 54 yrs. old and i am on ssi because i am a slow learner and have osterio arthiritis in both my knees and i am on medicaid. so i was wondering if we are eligiable for medicare.
thank you
sarah g

Medicare and disability

February 1, 2009 by David Luhman

From :

We automatically enroll you in Medicare after you get disability benefits for two years. Medicare has two parts -- hospital insurance and medical insurance.

  • Hospital insurance helps pay for inpatient hospital bills and some follow-up care. The taxes you paid while you were working financed this coverage, so it is free.
  • Medical insurance helps pay doctors' bills, outpatient hospital care and other medical services. You will need to pay a monthly premium for this coverage if you want it.

Most people have both parts of Medicare. If you have questions about this coverage, you can contact Medicare toll-free at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)

where can I get straight answers?

February 26, 2009 by Guest

I worked for an employer who conducted business as a specialty shop owner. During the short time I was employed there I found that things didn't add up financial. Payments were not logged properly into books or claims/invoices seemed to be altered frequently. I'm not familar with all the guidelines but, are their requirements for the person submitting the claim (person with a criminal history). What if items are billed first to the insurance company to see what will be allowed, then the patient is billed based on those results. And if the business receives payment how long after that should the patient have to wait for their product. What if an over payment is received, can a business negotiate with the patient --provide them with product throughout 12 month period. Should this be decided by the insurance company. What I saw was my boss getting richer, while patients were put on hold getting cheap worthless garments. THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!!!!

Reporting Medicare fraud

February 26, 2009 by David Luhman

Here is where you can report fraud in Medicare and a number of other areas including Medicare, Medicaid and the Health Resources and Services Administration :

Staying at home to care for partner

April 24, 2009 by Guest

If I have to quit my job to help take care of my husband. Does medicare pay me to stay at home to care for him.

Medicare coverage is federal but providers are state

May 3, 2009 by Guest

You are referring to MEDICARE not MEDICAID, correct?
Your parents are covered under Medicare in Florida but here is the "glitch" because the same thing happens to me.
Each state "farms out" a contract to individual providers. All you parents need to do is record the name and address of the NYC provider that is attached to their Explanation of benefits, EOB's.
Give them a call ahead of time to save you the grief of having to do this several times and know the procedure before you need to utilize it.
If they need services in a different state they need to provide THIS address at the time of service. Sometimes it doesn't always work, limitations of medical personnel, but you still can fix it.
Wait until you receive the bill and forward it personally to their medicare provider in NYC.
I'm from Florida, I ended up in the hospital in PA, it took six months to clear this up but it turned out that all I needed to do was to give the hospital the correct address for the Florida provider. After that they took care of everything.

SSA with a criminal backround

June 6, 2009 by Guest

Can Someone who can't work, is pysically disabled but has a bad criminal back round still get approved?

Criminal record and Social Security disability

June 8, 2009 by David Luhman

Social Security states the following regarding this :

If you have an outstanding warrant for your arrest

You must tell us if you have an outstanding arrest warrant for:

  • A crime that is a felony under the laws of the state in which you live; or
  • A crime punishable by death or imprisonment for more than one year in states that do not classify crimes as felonies.

You cannot receive disability benefits for any months in which there is an outstanding arrest warrant for a crime that is a felony (or a crime punishable by death or imprisonment for more than one year).

If you are convicted of a crime

Tell Social Security right away if you are convicted of a crime. Benefits generally are not paid for the months a person is confined for a crime, but any family members who are eligible for benefits based on that person's work may continue to receive benefits.

Benefits are usually not paid to someone who commits a crime and is confined to an institution by court order and at public expense. This applies if the person has been found:

  • Not guilty by reason of insanity or similar factors (such as mental disease, mental defect or mental incompetence); or
  • Incompetent to stand trial.

If you violate a condition of parole or probation

You must tell us if you are violating a condition of your probation or parole imposed under federal or state law. You cannot receive disability benefits for any month in which you violate a condition of your probation or parole.

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended