Not affiliated with the government
Helping you return to work
After you start receiving disability benefits, you may want to try working again. There are special rules called "work incentives" that can help you keep your cash benefits and Medicare while you test your ability to work. For more information about the ways Social Security can help you return to work, ask for Working While Disabled - How We Can Help (Publication No. 05-10095). More detailed information about work incentives can be found in the Red Book (Publication No. 64-030). Also visit www.socialsecurity.gov/work .
- How to apply for SSI
- Other benefits you may be able to get
- How do international Social Security agreements affect coverage?
- The Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program
- When are retirement benefits NOT payable (or only partly payable)?
- When are your disabled worker's benefits NOT paid?
- When are child's insurance benefit NOT payable?
Ads - Also Recommended