Benefits eligibility for widow of spouse who dies while drawing SSD
My husband died in 2004 @ age 51. He had just qualified for SSD and had received one payment. He actually died on the 1st of the month, so I had to return his second check. We had no dependent children at that time and aside from his small death benefit, that one check was all our family received.
I am healthy and still working. I recently heard that I am eligible to draw on my late husband's disability when I turn 60. Is this correct? If so, can you tell me where to find "chapter and verse" in the SSA's own documents?
- Widow or worker benefits
- Deased spouse and Disability
- If you are working...what you need to know about survivors benefits
- When a relative dies...what you need to know about survivors benefits
- Collecting my deseased husband unclaimed benefits
- I never received my stimulus check?
- % of Benefits From Deceased Disabled Spouse